Saturday, April 21, 2007

Reading Pratchett, spooky coincidences

I have taken to reading Terry Pratchett since there are no more works by Douglas Adams. Sadly for me, I did not find Discworld, that much cause for humour at first, however things are improving with a decent laugh from "Moving Pictures" and a quite a few more from the last one I read.

What I find more interesting is the "coincidence" about what I read and when. I was on a European coach tour while reading "Colour of Magic" and or "Interesting Times" something about a holidaymaker, something Chinese, close enough anyway. Another holiday was seeing the real outback Australia around Darwin, anyway ended up reading "Last Continent". Just finished reading "Going Postal"...did I mention that I actually work for an evil clacks company. Strangely I didn’t identify with the main character. I felt more like the Golems and the undelivered letters. I also found some of the insights into the clacks workers spooky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home